For the community. For the traditions. For every Monarch young and old.
Few things bring people together like the spectacle of college athletics. More than half a million people per year attend ODU sporting events. Our NCAA D-1 athletics program enhances our exposure here at home and across the nation.
The Old Dominion Athletic Foundation, commonly referred to as the ODAF, was established in 1964 with the mission to provide the resources necessary for the success of Old Dominion Athletics and our student-athletes. The ODAF is the channel through which our fans and alumni can partner with our coaches and student-athletes for the advancement of the athletics program.
This past academic year was a challenge with the abrupt switch to online learning mid-semester yet our student-athletes persevered. We are proud of the success they achieved in the classroom during the spring 2020 semester:
- Overall departmental GPA of 3.47
- 40 of our student-athletes achieved a GPA of 4.0 or greater
- 160 of our student-athletes earned Dean’s List honors with a GPA of 3.4 or greater
- 50% of our student-athletes achieved a 3.0 or greater GPA
We also take great pride in providing our student-athletes the best athletic facilities not only in Conference USA but also among the best across all of Division I college athletics. Consider the following:
- The opening of the new $72 million Kornblau Field at S. B. Ballard Stadium in August 2019 set a new standard for modern football facilities. The spectator comfort and fan experience in our 21,944seat venue are second to none in college athletics.
- This year’s $3.5M renovation to the Jim Jarrett Athletic Administration building has transformed a longstanding basketball practice facility into a world-class 900-seat women’s volleyball venue for practice and competition.
- The Folkes-Stevens Tennis Center, home to our men’s and women’s top 25 tennis programs, has twice been named the best tennis facility in Virginia with eight indoor and 12 outdoor courts.
- The Women’s Intercollegiate Rowing Center is a 13,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility that allows our women’s rowing team to train year-round; one of only a few rowing teams in the entire country to have this kind of facility.
- Chartway Arena is an 8,319 seat multi-purpose arena located on the campus of Old Dominion and home of the men’s and women’s basketball programs and still looks and feels brand new.
- The privately funded $9M Mitchum Basketball Performance Center, a dedicated practice facility with conditioning and training areas for our men’s and women’s basketball programs, is one of the best practice facilities in Division I basketball.
of our student-athletes achieved a GPA of 4.0 or greater
student-athletes are on the Dean's List
of our ODU student-athletes
have a 3.0 GPA or higher